Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 10: Monday (10/31)

After starting practice we noticed that the robot was very unbalanced. We tried adding weight to the front by adding metal pieces but that turned out to not be enough weight. We then used spare wheels and anchored them down on the front of the frame. 

Friday, October 28, 2016

Week 9: Friday (10/28)

We improved our design for the main vertical structure by adding a horizontal bar to keep the structure straight. We also improved our game plan by knocking off the stars on the wall first then going for the stars on the ground. For now we are ignoring the cubes because our robot does not have enough support for the weight.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 9: Monday (10/24)

To start the week off, we added more claws in order for it to be stronger. This will allow us to not worrying about going into a pile and bend the claws. Also fixed the gears for it to be more steadier.

Friday, October 21, 2016

Week 8: Friday (10/21)

To end off the week we changed the design of our claw in order for it to be lighter and more effective. We also added 2 rubber bands to help our robot with the weight. This was because our robot was having some trouble lifting stars up due to the weight of the arm and not enough power.

Monday, October 17, 2016

Week 8: Monday (10/17)

To start of the week we finished our code for our arm. We also had some minor setbacks where the arm perfectly went down but was struggling to go all the way up. We are currently finding a solution.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Week 7: Friday (10/14)

To end off the week, we got our robots arm design perfectly. We tested it and it accurately picks up the star every time with easy and perfection. We also put on two motors for the arm so we can code the movements of it, so we can control the arm of the robot from out vex controller. We ended up getting back on track and ending off the week with our robot looking great.

Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 7: Monday (10/10)

To start this week off we decided to change the design of our arm because we learned the original design of our arm will weigh too much for our motors to operate the arm up and down without any problems. So we are set a little back on time due to having to take apart the arm to change the design but we are determined to work quickly and efficiently to get back on track and get it working and have our arm working as smooth as possible.

Friday, October 7, 2016

Week 6: Friday (10/7)

To end the week, we didn't have school Thursday and Friday due to hurricane Matthew. Without being in school our team each did individual research at home to try and figure out more ways to make our robot as efficient as possible and work as best as possible. However we figured a easy and efficient way to gear our robots arm to lift the weight and move it at a fast enough speed. lastly i hope everyone was safe during hurricane Matthew and had no problems.

Monday, October 3, 2016

week 6: Monday (10/3)

To start off the week, we learned that there was a hurricane and that we would miss 2 days of school. So today we are planning on trying to figure out a way to put on our end effector. Also, we changed the design of our end effector due to weight issues cause the motors cannot lift the arm without issues.