Friday, December 9, 2016
We are now done with the robotics so its time for some seriousness. We all began doing our gmetrix depending on what certification you are taking, either solidworks, Autocad, or Inventor. We all began studying and working hard to make sure we all get certified.
Monday, December 5, 2016
We were getting ready for the challenge tomorrow by tweaking our robot however we can and taking our free time to practice. We also double checked our code to make sure that our robot will run without problems. We also found a way to push the cube under the wall instead of just the stars.
Friday, December 2, 2016
To finish off the week, we tried a couple of attempts of the challenge. We have a new strategy of trying to push the square down the fence and earn some extra points but we are stuck on how to do this efficiently. We are trying to perfect this as best as possible without having any problems.
Monday, November 28, 2016
To start off the week, our arm kept falling because it was too heavy to be controlled by the motors so we added more rubber bands so i can efficiently go up and down without falling. We are about to prepare for the autonomous challenge. We are predicting to get one or two over in this time, but if we run out of time we will decide as group to skip autonomous. and focus on manual.
Friday, November 25, 2016
First off i wanna start by saying happy thanksgiving to everyone and i hope they have a great weekend. We are all on break having a good time and enjoying time with family and eating amazing food. Our only job was too research a little on extra ideas on how to make the robot better and more efficient.
Monday, November 21, 2016
To start off the week, we took the prongs off the endefactor. We coded the motor and changed it to a square type of shape. We made it easier to push the stars off and push them under the fence. We found out a secret technique for this challenge that nobody is doing and works amazing this push effector can push up to 6 stars underneath at once!!
Friday, November 18, 2016
To finish off the week we changed the endafactor slightly. We began having problems with our robot arm so we added gears and the motors to make it more compact, after we changed it the robot arm began moving up and down smooth and easily without giving us any further problems allowing us to move on to crush this challenge.
Monday, November 14, 2016
Thursday, November 10, 2016
Monday, November 7, 2016
Friday, November 4, 2016
Monday, October 31, 2016
After starting practice we noticed that the robot was very unbalanced. We tried adding weight to the front by adding metal pieces but that turned out to not be enough weight. We then used spare wheels and anchored them down on the front of the frame.
Friday, October 28, 2016
We improved our design for the main vertical structure by adding a horizontal bar to keep the structure straight. We also improved our game plan by knocking off the stars on the wall first then going for the stars on the ground. For now we are ignoring the cubes because our robot does not have enough support for the weight.
Monday, October 24, 2016
Friday, October 21, 2016
To end off the week we changed the design of our claw in order for it to be lighter and more effective. We also added 2 rubber bands to help our robot with the weight. This was because our robot was having some trouble lifting stars up due to the weight of the arm and not enough power.
Monday, October 17, 2016
Friday, October 14, 2016
Monday, October 10, 2016
To start this week off we decided to change the design of our arm because we learned the original design of our arm will weigh too much for our motors to operate the arm up and down without any problems. So we are set a little back on time due to having to take apart the arm to change the design but we are determined to work quickly and efficiently to get back on track and get it working and have our arm working as smooth as possible.
Friday, October 7, 2016
To end the week, we didn't have school Thursday and Friday due to hurricane Matthew. Without being in school our team each did individual research at home to try and figure out more ways to make our robot as efficient as possible and work as best as possible. However we figured a easy and efficient way to gear our robots arm to lift the weight and move it at a fast enough speed. lastly i hope everyone was safe during hurricane Matthew and had no problems.